A nationally recognized clinician, Coach Heidi VanDerveer leads Aspire Basketball with over 20 years of experience in the collegiate, professional,and Olympic ranks. She has worked with the best players in the world, and is noted for individual player development, while also achieving a high level of team success. Coach VanDerveer has been involved in all levels of basketball, from elite to developmental players.
Coach VanDerveer Achievements:
- WNBA Head Coach and Assistant Coach
- WNBA Scout and Combine Head Floor Coach
- Scout for Gold Medal team and USA Basketball during the 2008 Beijing Olympics
- Division I Head and Assistant Coach for 13 years: two Final Four appearances
- National Champion at University of Tennessee,and Video Coordinator at Stanford University.
- Player Development with current WNBA players
- Currently Head Coach at Occidental College (4th year), Four Time SCIAC Champions and two NCAA Tournaments.
Players Coach VanDerveer has coached/worked with:
Betsy Butterick enters her third season as an Assistant Coach at Occidental. Prior to coaching the black and orange she served as the Video Coordinator at the University of Washington, and Equipment Manager for the Seattle Storm of the WNBA, and, as a Coaching Intern at Stanford University.
A native of Los Altos, Calif., Betsy is a 2006 graduate of Claremont McKenna College, of the Southern California Intercollegiate Athletic Conference, where she earned a degree in Psychology. As a student-athlete she was a two-time All SCIAC selection and Captain with the Athenas.
Butterick also serves as a women's golf coach as well as a chair of the Student Athlete Advisory Committee. In 2010 she was named the Wellness Director at Occidental. Additionally, she teaches spin classes to faculty, staff and students.
Additional Staff:Staff will include current and former Occidental College players.